I am often asked about biodegradable and safe pyramid tea bag materials. Here is a company you can ask your questions, order your custom tags, and send to your co packer with your label.
Burying this product into the ground after use causes microorganisms to completely break it down after being hydrolyzed into shoter fragment. Such is the nature of this filter for beverage use created with mankind and the environment as a top priority.
- Using plant starch as its base material, this product is manufactured through processes that include lactic acid fermentation and polymerization of ｌactic acid. Then polylactic acid is rendered into fibers and woven together. Its uniform opening affords the product a superior level of permeability, making it perfect for tea bag filters used with tea leaves.
- No harmful substances is detected upon extraction using boiling water. SOILON is compliant with food, additive and other standards under the Food Sanitation Act (No. 370).
- Upon burying SOILON in the ground, following hydrolysis, the material is completely broken down by microorganisms, after which it is eventually turned into water and CO2 (materials cited). The speed of degradation varies largely depending on the temperature, moisture and PH level of the soil, as well as the types and number of microorganisms present.
- When burning SOILON,the harmful gas (dioxin etc.) is not generated. Also the generation of greenhouse gas (carbon dioxide) is less than usual plastic. (reference literature)
- Polylactic acid, the material used in SOILON, has reported to have bacteriostatic and mildew-proof properties.
- Plants, which are renewable, are used as the basic materials in SOILON, thereby helping to contribute to the development of a sustainable society. This aspect has enabled us to acquire "GreenPla" membership (No. 243).
Environmental circulation of polylactic acid
|Product number||Mesh count|
|Open space ratio(%)||Remarks||Sealing adaptability|
|SLA1||97||62||Transparent Type Biodegradable||Ultrasonic seal|
|SLC3||97||40||Semitransparent Type Biodegradable||Ultrasonic seal|
- Material : Polylactic acid
- * The above physical properties are measured, but are not guaranteed.